Thread: Sled/Bike is Now "Super" Sled/Bike and can Run Electronics

Default Sled/Bike is Now "Super" Sled/Bike and can Run Electronics

So what to do?

A lot of discussion at the sled/bike table last night on how to handle the rule change for Sled Bike... looks like we can run electronics now.

So now what??

At division races or at a track that has Sled/Bike you could run electronics so to be completive at those venues you would need to have the box.

But racing at Walla Walla we like racing against the cages in Pro because we are usually the faster vehicle keeping the car ahead of us initially that way if they have a problem and cross the line we can take evasive action. If we race Super-Pro being a low six sled, we are in the pack and a lot of the time the faster car is coming behind us and if something goes wrong... you won't see it to take evasive action. Plus Janet and I have both raced against 170 MPH diggers and at the stripe we are going 130+ and when they go by we actually can feel our 400 pound snowmobiles move... and then I wee a little in my leathers when that happens.

We could SPEND a lot MORE $$$$$$$$$$ bump up our engines to the big bore stuff and depending on what we buy could be a 9 second or even a high 8 second sled.... but with more speed brings on more challenges plus this coming year we had budgeted to purchase a new dual sport motorcycle for Janet for a trip in the summer dubbed "The Crappiest Roads in Colorado Above 10,000 Feet in Elevation" an all mining trail/route trip and a little in Utah just so Janet can play in the sand (want to get me in trouble? Ask Janet if she is ready to ride in DEEP sand in Utah... she did not like a couple of days of a trip several years ago...).

So over the next couple of months we will have to figure this out as when we go to division finals the 7 and 8 second bikes are a heck of a challenge to beat and adding a box will really be a bitch to get by; however as we all know reaction time is not everything... My bet at this point is we stay in Pro as I have set a goal to trailer that Red/Black Mustang EVERYTIME... after all it is my turn

Quote Originally Posted by Plumnuts View Post
    So what to do?

A lot of discussion at the sled/bike table last night on how to handle the rule change for Sled Bike... looks like we can run electronics now.

So now what??

At division races or at a track that has Sled/Bike you could run electronics so to be completive at those venues you would need to have the box.

But racing at Walla Walla we like racing against the cages in Pro because we are usually the faster vehicle keeping the car ahead of us initially that way if they have a problem and cross the line we can take evasive action. If we race Super-Pro being a low six sled, we are in the pack and a lot of the time the faster car is coming behind us and if something goes wrong... you won't see it to take evasive action. Plus Janet and I have both raced against 170 MPH diggers and at the stripe we are going 130+ and when they go by we actually can feel our 400 pound snowmobiles move... and then I wee a little in my leathers when that happens.

We could SPEND a lot MORE $$$$$$$$$$ bump up our engines to the big bore stuff and depending on what we buy could be a 9 second or even a high 8 second sled.... but with more speed brings on more challenges plus this coming year we had budgeted to purchase a new dual sport motorcycle for Janet for a trip in the summer dubbed "The Crappiest Roads in Colorado Above 10,000 Feet in Elevation" an all mining trail/route trip and a little in Utah just so Janet can play in the sand (want to get me in trouble? Ask Janet if she is ready to ride in DEEP sand in Utah... she did not like a couple of days of a trip several years ago...).

So over the next couple of months we will have to figure this out as when we go to division finals the 7 and 8 second bikes are a heck of a challenge to beat and adding a box will really be a bitch to get by; however as we all know reaction time is not everything... My bet at this point is we stay in Pro as I have set a goal to trailer that Red/Black Mustang EVERYTIME... after all it is my turn
    That guy is a pushover. Shouldn't be a problem at all!
    91 Mustang Coupe
    347ci - 11.5:1, AFM Hi-Rev TFS heads, Mondo Box, 90mm TB, AFM Power pipe,Comp Cam, 47lb injectors, Kooks 1 3/4 long tubes, Kooks 3" x-pipe, 3" magnaflow's, AEM, Pump gas