Thread: Been empty too long!!

Default Been empty too long!!

For months I’ve looked at this part of the forum with nothing in it and wondered how we can use it in a valuable way.
    So while perusing Youtube I had a thought…(sounds dangerous I know)…We could post links to instructional videos and info we find that can be useful to others.

So to start I’ve found a short video that helps explain independent front suspensions. As you will see it was produced by what is considered an import auto company, but I found the content universal. This may be part at least of why the gasser guys gave up on straight axles.

I'm sure you have all heard the term, 'INDEPENDENT FRONT SUSPENSION
    But some may not know exactly what it means. When one front wheel of a vehicle hits a bump or pothole,
    it will move up or down to compensate while the other wheel remains steady. Both wheels are independent of each other, hence that expression. Watch the attached TV commercial for the Nissan Pathfinder, to find out exactly how this works.

Brilliantly explained

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B-2n0uSfNo

OK, your turn!!

LMAO, very nice Gary hahah.

Here is what happens when you sell 60 boxes of girl scout cookies..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfJ1oxQRhhk
    1980 Chevrolet Monza
    383 SBC, 6.68@100mph, 10.65@124mph

Oh Cameron, thats just wrong. However, it does bring two questions to mind. One, how is this educational, and two, what are you doing in the girl scout section??

Quote Originally Posted by Shalons Dad View Post
    Oh Cameron, thats just wrong. However, it does bring two questions to mind. One, how is this educational, and two, what are you doing in the girl scout section??
    It's educational because you should never be a show off, and I saw the video on Tosh.0 (a show on comedy central, probably on past your bedtime ).
    1980 Chevrolet Monza
    383 SBC, 6.68@100mph, 10.65@124mph

Bigdogmopar Guest

Did they have one for rear ends ????

Brian Carlquist Guest

Independant front suspension, looks like she might have been in the shut down area in the left lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalons Dad View Post
    For months I’ve looked at this part of the forum with nothing in it and wondered how we can use it in a valuable way.
    So while perusing Youtube I had a thought…(sounds dangerous I know)…We could post links to instructional videos and info we find that can be useful to others.

So to start I’ve found a short video that helps explain independent front suspensions. As you will see it was produced by what is considered an import auto company, but I found the content universal. This may be part at least of why the gasser guys gave up on straight axles.

I'm sure you have all heard the term, 'INDEPENDENT FRONT SUSPENSION
    But some may not know exactly what it means. When one front wheel of a vehicle hits a bump or pothole,
    it will move up or down to compensate while the other wheel remains steady. Both wheels are independent of each other, hence that expression. Watch the attached TV commercial for the Nissan Pathfinder, to find out exactly how this works.

Brilliantly explained

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B-2n0uSfNo

OK, your turn!!
    looks like hooters only smaller

Nice control. Specially around the curves.