Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Plum Nuts Racing Thread

I don't understand this "lost out" ?? Just who is wearing the pants at your house? Haha..

I WEAR THE PANTS IN OUR FAMILY!!!! and um, er I checked with Janet and she said I could say that....

Nice surprise in the US Mail today... apparently my place in the race of champions was worth nearly enough $$$ to pay for the tow rig's fuel YEA!!!! hmmm re-looking at the check it was for a great package... I did not know they could see "my package" through my leathers... oh Janet is telling me it has to do with my ET and RT...
    Last edited by Plumnuts; 09-19-2012 at 09:18 PM.

You know on Saturday you car guys beat up on us snowmobilers pretty well with even the announcer crowing about our elimination in the first round… okay so we got to start planning and tuning for Sunday a little early (it takes a lot of fluids for our brains to plan so the red cups were out).

Sunday we came back in attack mode on the “racers in cages” (side note the new Watts’ Chevy “cage” is WAY COOL!!!!) and we kicked butt!

We all went rounds and DANG IT almost got all of you in Pro Eliminator class on Sunday. Mike Merritt (our friend from Bend on the super-fast Yamahaha) LOVES the Walla Walla track and management. Wishes he lived closer so he could play more often… invites everyone to Madras (his home track) to race there.

As always this is all tongue in cheek and we love the competition and racers at WW.

Another side note as my sled was getting loose despite slowing the sled down to 6.2 ET runs… figured it out… I have hazed the track and have gone past the wear indicators so no-can-race until a new $$$$ track get here… bad news… no one has one! CRAP! So I am on a waiting list to get a new track but not for two weeks… DOUBLE CRAP!!! Beating the bushes for a used one still within the wear indicators… otherwise… done for the season at WW and possibly the Classic at Boise TRIPLE CRAP!!!!!

Janet’s sled will be ready for the last WW race and the Classic…(she said I could drive it but I explained “I do NOT drive pink”)

Doug's new toy

There was a bad disagreement that got physical in our pit

Just hangin out

To do better on Sunday we talked to some pros on how to cut a light

If you were not there on Sunday for the final you missed this:

Brian Carlquist Guest

Default used track

Mike I can get my hands on a used track, 10-5/8" x 136", if this will do you any good let me know 509-930-2828

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Carlquist View Post
    Mike I can get my hands on a used track, 10-5/8" x 136", if this will do you any good let me know 509-930-2828
    thanks Brian... we run 10 5/8 X 121 tracks so that one would not fit... but thank you! With any luck... a new track will be here Wednesday UPDATE: UPS says track will be here late Wednesday.. long night Wednesday and Thursday to get it all back together...
    Last edited by Plumnuts; 10-01-2012 at 03:01 PM.

Default Crap!!!

Crap!! Took my sled all apart to replace the track.... hmm.. everything looks okay... oh wait why is this bearing sounding like a blender running with marbles in it... this bearing is to drive shaft and spins a zillion times at 130 mph... has to be replaced, no sweat go to the bearing company.... they say, hmmm this is an "unusal bearing" I am thinking "oh oh" but the good news is they have one.... IN FRIGGIN GEORGIA!!!!!!

Red label for $$$$$ to get it here tomorrow... I must be plum nuts Shipping a LOT more than the bearing.... calls to other bearing places and ZIP, NADA, zero.

Janet's critical parts did not come in yesterday... oh oh again this could get real ugly... stay tuned

Mike, if you want me to check around Spokane, give me a call, (I'm not going to be near the computer) with the bearing number. 509-998-3589

Quote Originally Posted by Shalons Dad View Post
    Mike, if you want me to check around Spokane, give me a call, (I'm not going to be near the computer) with the bearing number. 509-998-3589
    thanks Gary... bearing should be here in the morning on the red eye... got Janet's parts and the right tool tonight... got her clutch off and it is a $1500 piece of scrap aluminum... so... pulled my clutch and switch over the internal parts to fit Janet's engine RPM curve....I will use our very last spare primary clutch for this weekend and the Classic.

I am "Cooking" my track tonight to try and get the wrinkles out of it... (cooking as in a small room with a big heater making it like sweat lodge)... hopefully will get the track soft and then it will relax out the wrinkles.... otherwise it is mount the track, chain the sled to the front bumper of the truck and do a very long burn out... Our neighbors LOVE IT when I do that

bearing $40... overnight shipping $60...everything together = priceless! ... trailer loaded... see everyone Saturday morning.

As requested submitted some photos to KLEW... got an E-mail that they will air them sometime next week...
    they are of the sunset over the WW track.