Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Plum Nuts Racing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Plumnuts View Post
    Spokane again this past weekend, this time tuning Janet's sled. Best run 10.3 at 127 MPH with the engine on the rev limiter just before the 1/8 mile... Ordered more parts to help with the gearing. Worse part were the noisy neighbors driving a junior and a blue Chevy...

Spokane had a pretty low car count... but with the low car count they could handle it and got us three time trials... which was cool.
    Spokane has been struggling all year with car counts (minus the divisional race), but with that being said, having a race the same weekend as the Northwest Nationals were going on probably wasn't the smartest idea.
    1980 Chevrolet Monza
    383 SBC, 6.68@100mph, 10.65@124mph

It was a make up points race for them. Tried out the new trans brake switch. Still went out in the second round. I think Amber stole my MO-JO.

As for the complaining neighbor. The Jr was never started in the pit, but I did hear a lot of loud Ring-Ding-Dinging.

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    It was a make up points race for them. Tried out the new trans brake switch. Still went out in the second round. I think Amber stole my MO-JO.

As for the complaining neighbor. The Jr was never started in the pit, but I did hear a lot of loud Ring-Ding-Dinging.
    What kind of switch did you get Jim?
    1980 Chevrolet Monza

It's a Biondo HSA-O. It has an adjustable throw on it. So you can add or remove the time it takes for the switch to open. It's on the NHRA accepted transbrake buttons.

Wouldnt have those transbrake switch problems, if you had a stick
    Phil Hudlow (6678 S/C, S/G, ET-PRO)
    Precision Balancing (509) 926-4832
    Allard Engines
    A.T.F.

It's a Biondo HSA-O. It has an adjustable throw on it. So you can add or remove the time it takes for the switch to open. It's on the NHRA accepted transbrake buttons.
    Looks like the one I use to have, I didn't like the adjustments on it all that much but it did help me quite a bit compared to a regular button. You should have seen how many Super Stock cars had the Biondo Racing Terminator transbreak switches on their cars at the Northwest Nationals, a lot of them had it mounted in their dash.
    1980 Chevrolet Monza

Hey Jeff, I shift One time. All by myself.

Hey Jeff, I shift One time. All by myself.
    Jeff Rogers
    badbugracing.com

Default Spokane Night of Fire

Janet was on her new pink camo sled at Spokane and was a fan favorite... Janet got third for her efforts getting edged out in the semis of sled/bike (I was a second round loser)... lots of folks taking pictures of her sled in the pits... air was stale and her best run was only 10.2 seconds at 125 MPH (wish those new parts would get here!!!) In her loss the sled got loose at about the 330 and she was quick and caught it by blipping the throttle but did not make her dial in and lost by a few feet at the big end. Of interest the sled/bike count was high enough she should have received a check.. but was told by management they "changed the payout"...

The B nitro cars were cool.. the alky cars numbers were down and many made one run and did not leave the pits again... there were no gas dragsters there to speak of (I think maybe 3-4) and Super Pro class had (guessing) like 20 cars.

The car count was so low that they quickly set up a gambler race for 1st and 2nd round losers... they needed this race to have "something" running down the track for what looked like a low number of spectators. I was a first round loser in the gambler race being late at the light

We heard a lot of complaints of "no cars" from spectators.. The tack prep was okay, the race was okay, but the number of sportsman cars was shocking)... the poor management of the track showed up with the lack of support of the race track. sad.