Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Plum Nuts Racing Thread

I still have an engine/tranny to install. a front suspention to finish and some broken wheelie bars to repair. Oh and new headers (compliments of Mr. Denoyer) to put on.

I'll be there.

Man I hope that Krazy Glue is as tough as the ad says.
    factually unencumbered Anti-Sobriety Activist

Default Racing those Mustangs

Well after my racing the black and purple sled for two years, winning races and Wallys, Janet managed to break it after three time-trials. Crap she is hard on things. Heck look at me people say I look pretty good for someone near 59 years of age but I am only 29!

Round one with that Black and Red Moostang... so I have NO IDEA what my sled will run as the first two time-trials the sled thought it was a NASCAR race, spinning the track and turning left both times. I made some adjustments and the third time-trial the sled went straight but smoked the track for 100+ feet... running a pathetic 6.60 +.

Round 1 elimination... since my sled would not leave when I dropped the button (would just spin) my reaction time sucked so I was in the bottom of the field and got paired up with that Kelty guy. I'm in line waiting to race and asking people for ideas on what I should set my dial in at and the consensus of the group was "around 6.70" Okay works for me but since I made a ton of clutch and suspension adjustments the sled was going to go like hell or again go up in smoke.

I figure the only way I am going to win this race is to have the Mustang guy go first and I see he has the same ET dial in that I have... no big deal I will change mine to 6.66. WAIT A MINUTE!!!!! Is the Mustang guy changing his dial in to 6.66???? Okay we can fix this... we will wait until he is strapped in, helmet on and just before the race, change the dial in. Okay time to go, change my dial in to 6.65 that way he will have to go first and I got a chance for him to go red and I can get a (hopefully) full run and get an idea what this new sled will do. Okay this will work... HEY! wait a m i n u t e!!! Is that Jeff changing the dial in to... oh CRAP! 6.65 seconds... time to go.. okay heads up... I will just tree Kasey and kick his ass.

Do the usual short burn out, clear the playback, and roll into the first beam and the Mustang rolls in too... I turn on the second light, likewise Mustang guy... Set the brake, go button down, throttle mashed to the bar..!!! I am going to KICK HIS ASS... lights are coming down third bulb comes on and we are both away clean (I get an 0.015 RT)... Mustang is slightly ahead but I scream pass the Mustang at about 150 feet and look back at the Mustang and let off on the loud switch... let the car catch me and peg the throttle and jump past the Stang... this is getting ugly, stab, stab, stab the throttle keeping a foot or two ahead of the Stang... Mustang shoots past and the nose of the car drops... I am back on the throttle and zoom past Kasey... finish line is coming up... one more mash of the throttle and on the brakes... I am first across the line and the winner is?????? OH CRAP Kasey wins! The tale of the tape? I ran a 6.55 (Kasey ran a 6.666) and I burned off like 20 MPH off the top end and still broke out... looking at the early numbers... probably a 6.0 to 6.1 run... cool. SUPER FUN RACE!!! Congrats to Kasey on not breaking out and making the race a lot of fun...
    Last edited by Plumnuts; 05-25-2014 at 08:07 PM.

Great race indeed Mike! Mainly cuz I got he luckiest
    91 Mustang Coupe
    347ci - 11.5:1, AFM Hi-Rev TFS heads, Mondo Box, 90mm TB, AFM Power pipe,Comp Cam, 47lb injectors, Kooks 1 3/4 long tubes, Kooks 3" x-pipe, 3" magnaflow's, AEM, Pump gas

http://www.nhra.com/assets/images/9/cf3.jpg

anyone wonder where Mike and Janet are? Here is a clue
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Plumnuts; 05-26-2014 at 08:21 AM.

another hint
    Last edited by Plumnuts; 05-27-2014 at 12:57 PM.

So now you are saying I am not a good enough starter for you....... I see how this is gonna be.....
    factually unencumbered Anti-Sobriety Activist

naaa Jim you are our favorite starter... but we do know this guy
    Attached Images Attached Images

082.jpg081.jpg085.jpg

okay... we packed up Toto and the ruby slippers and jumped on the broom and flew to Kansas to visit Janet's family of flying monkeys... a family reunion and then another day of retracing her parent's old stomping grounds... it was fun.

On Sunday we drove over to Topeka (funny side story, GPS got us to the track late, ticket office was "out of tickets" so instead of paying the $100 entry fee.. they said, "go on in" cool!) to take in the NHRA Kansas Nationals... it was fun. Have to say this... ANY family Force (and Tim Wilkerson) very approachable... everyone else not so much except for the scheduled times...

Laurie Force (John's wife) very nice and would chat about anything... when the girls (Britney and Courtney) came out... crap the media and the fans would just crowd in .....
    Last edited by Plumnuts; 05-28-2014 at 10:16 PM.

As you can see the media does not allow a good picture of the Force girls

106.jpg109.jpg114.jpg076.jpg