Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Plum Nuts Racing Thread

Default The Plum Nuts Racing Thread

Hey all... we are back in the Valley... had to cut our trip to the Arctic Circle short due to a malfunction in our sprinkler system that flooded the lower floor in our home. Insurance is going to cover but it is thousands of dollars in damage. The really sad thing is our golden retriever, "Copper" jumped into the water and was killed by electric shock. However we feel blessed as two steps behind her was one of our sons and when he saw her go down did not enter the water. Apparently the water was in contact with a freezer motor, did not trip the breaker and that is what got her. I am spending the day replacing the older breakers with GFI units... this could have been so much worse! Our black lab (who loves water but has been educated with an electric fence) was out all day but never put a toe in the water... poor Copper did not know better).

We are hoping to be able to come to the track this weekend... so don't give our space away (Mike has new parts to fix his sled... clutch was broke thus the slow runs)...and he really wants to go faster since Janet dipped into the fives...
    Last edited by Plumnuts; 04-27-2015 at 08:28 AM.

Really sorry to hear the sad news.

Sure hope you can make this weekend's races.

John

Mike and Janet, I'm so sorry to hear about your puppy dog!!!

Let me know if i can help you with your electricial, I think you ment to say GFCI circuit breakers? Call me if you need too.. Richard 509.552.2962

yes gfci...

I am so sorry to hear this. Hoping things are starting to go a little better.
    factually unencumbered Anti-Sobriety Activist

Mike and Janet Im so sorry to hear about your dog, I lost my big dog in January and I miss him every day. They are just as much a part of our lives as our human family members and it hurts just as much when we have to say goodbye to them. God bless you guys and if you need anything or just want to talk you have my number.

Dave

Spokane bound

Since neither of the sleds have been on a 1/4 with the current gearing/clutch set up may travel up to Spokane to do some testing on Mike's sled... Janet's sled is waiting on parts to run the quarter.

Our house is coming along pretty well but the house is still a mess. Sheetrock, electrical, sprinkler systems are done, painting is getting pretty close. The ceramic tiles are in and other than finish work... all done too. Monday painting is to be completed as well as new carpet laid. Wednesday the cleaners and movers are to be here to finish cleaning up the first floor... and then... back to abby normal for the Plum Nuts Gang!

A few photos of our attempted trip to the Arctic

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...view=slideshow
    Last edited by Plumnuts; 07-27-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Default Awesome!!

Glad to hear your house is coming together!! Also that your going to Spokane.. Well see you up there!!

Richard

Spokane... air sucked.. 2 cycle motors need AIR.... best was a 10.21 at 137 MPH (6.7 in the eight ;o( .. we run 6.0-6.4 at WW.... first run ran thru the traps let off the throttle and tapped the brakes to make the return lane... oh oh... NO BRAKES!!!! so took the big car run out and made the long return lane home... seems the brake pads went South... replaced and all is good except my right boot that I dragged to slow the dang thing down! Talk about a HOT FOOT!!! We can't figure out how to make the sleds leave consistently when the track is hot... do no burn out and leave okay but light up and lose traction about 100 feet out... do a burn out and the sled sticks to the track and do not want to move..thus crap reaction time... BTW Spokane is as screwed up as usual... they change the run order (crap I almost missed first round because they stuck sled/bike in between Pro and SP... but in TT we ran AFTER SP)... then they had other classes... crap even the staff were frustrated... too bad should be a great track...
    Last edited by Plumnuts; 10-15-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Spokane again this past weekend, this time tuning Janet's sled. Best run 10.3 at 127 MPH with the engine on the rev limiter just before the 1/8 mile... Ordered more parts to help with the gearing. Worse part were the noisy neighbors driving a junior and a blue Chevy...

Spokane had a pretty low car count... but with the low car count they could handle it and got us three time trials... which was cool.