PDA

View Full Version : Been empty too long!!

Shalons Dad
08-09-2012, 05:29 PM
For months I’ve looked at this part of the forum with nothing in it and wondered how we can use it in a valuable way.
So while perusing Youtube I had a thought…(sounds dangerous I know)…We could post links to instructional videos and info we find that can be useful to others.

So to start I’ve found a short video that helps explain independent front suspensions. As you will see it was produced by what is considered an import auto company, but I found the content universal. This may be part at least of why the gasser guys gave up on straight axles.

I'm sure you have all heard the term, 'INDEPENDENT FRONT SUSPENSION
But some may not know exactly what it means. When one front wheel of a vehicle hits a bump or pothole,
it will move up or down to compensate while the other wheel remains steady. Both wheels are independent of each other, hence that expression. Watch the attached TV commercial for the Nissan Pathfinder, to find out exactly how this works.

Brilliantly explained

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B-2n0uSfNo

OK, your turn!!:D

mr2cam
08-10-2012, 06:51 AM
LMAO, very nice Gary hahah.

Here is what happens when you sell 60 boxes of girl scout cookies..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfJ1oxQRhhk

Shalons Dad
08-10-2012, 08:24 AM
Oh Cameron, thats just wrong. However, it does bring two questions to mind. One, how is this educational, and two, what are you doing in the girl scout section?? :scratch:

mr2cam
08-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Oh Cameron, thats just wrong. However, it does bring two questions to mind. One, how is this educational, and two, what are you doing in the girl scout section?? :scratch:

It's educational because you should never be a show off, and I saw the video on Tosh.0 (a show on comedy central, probably on past your bedtime :D).

Bigdogmopar
08-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Did they have one for rear ends ????:D

Brian Carlquist
08-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Independant front suspension, looks like she might have been in the shut down area in the left lane.

Plumnuts
08-12-2012, 11:39 PM
For months I’ve looked at this part of the forum with nothing in it and wondered how we can use it in a valuable way.
So while perusing Youtube I had a thought…(sounds dangerous I know)…We could post links to instructional videos and info we find that can be useful to others.

So to start I’ve found a short video that helps explain independent front suspensions. As you will see it was produced by what is considered an import auto company, but I found the content universal. This may be part at least of why the gasser guys gave up on straight axles.

I'm sure you have all heard the term, 'INDEPENDENT FRONT SUSPENSION
But some may not know exactly what it means. When one front wheel of a vehicle hits a bump or pothole,
it will move up or down to compensate while the other wheel remains steady. Both wheels are independent of each other, hence that expression. Watch the attached TV commercial for the Nissan Pathfinder, to find out exactly how this works.

Brilliantly explained

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B-2n0uSfNo

OK, your turn!!:D

looks like hooters only smaller

nova
08-16-2012, 07:39 AM
Nice control. Specially around the curves.